Customer Care Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Customer Care
REPORTS TO: Customer Care Manager
The Customer Care Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the employees in our Fixed-Route and Paratransit Call Centers. Maintains up-to-date information and materials, including maps, schedules, detour notices, and route changes. for use in answering customer inquiries. Oversees both processes for lost and found, and complaints to ensure accuracy and consistency. Prepares and maintains records, tracks and reports customer complaints, comments, and suggestions. Supervises inventory and prepares
sales reports and bank deposits. Work various hours, including weekends.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Schedules employees work hours to conform to the needs of the department for efficiency and effectiveness, including maintaining attendance/time, holiday, and vacation schedules.
- Receives and inputs all customer comments; disseminates to the proper departments for investigations, including preparation of monthly reports.
- Compiles statistical data for routine and complex reports.
- Reconciliation of bank deposits, fare media inventory and sales discrepancies/variances.
- Advises Director Communication of all discrepancies in sales, band deposits and employee disciplinary.
- Initiates and prepares customer service correspondence.
- Monitors and reports telephone call volume and statistics, staffing requirements, daily sales, inventory, and deposits to determine productivity level.
- Operates cash drawer, credit machine, and sells bus passes.
- Prepares, conducts, and coordinates market-research surveys, including data collection, ridership and community surveys.
- Resolves issues by offering solutions.
- Monitors employees to ensure compliance with safety and security policies and procedures.
- Supports and assists with some company marketing efforts
- . Attends mandatory meetings, as required.
- Ensures personnel attend mandatory meetings, as required.
- Assists customers in understanding BJCTA policies and procedures.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to complete assigned task in a timely manner and in a constant state of alertness.
- Must be able to work in a cooperative manner with co-workers and managers.
- Performs other duties similar in nature and level as assigned.
- Must understand and follow all safety rules and processes.
Supervision: BJCTA Call Center Team Leads and Customer care Associates.
Education: Associates Degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, Public Relations, or Management. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Five years in servicing customers, including three years supervising and managing staff and programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have knowledge of the city and the ability to read city maps
- General knowledge of public information and public relations techniques.
- General knowledge of the operation of a multi-line telephone system.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a clear, concise, professional manner by telephone or in person, projecting a friendly voice while communicating with customers (both internal and external) and/or visitors.
- Ability to accurately schedule and supervise work of subordinates.
- Knowledge and ability to display excellent supervisory techniques.
- . Ability to type 55 wpm and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to learn new technology for performance of essential job duties, as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationship with others.
- Wear appropriate clothing and attire consistent with position for a professional appearance to represent the BJCTA.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and professional person.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, effectively manage time and display flexibility to embrace change quick.
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills.
BJCTA is a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.